Grateful…

Knowing there are those who cannot see the warm colours of the fall leaves, I am grateful for my sense of sight.

Knowing there are those forced into silence, I am grateful for the opportunity to speak and write freely.

Knowing there are those who fear for their safety every day of their lives, I am grateful to live in Canada, the true north strong and free.

Knowing there are those without loved ones for the first time this Thanksgiving, I am grateful to be surrounded by family and friends.

Knowing there are those without homes, I am grateful for the bills that arrive on my doorstep each month.

Knowing there are those without work, I am grateful for a vocation that satisfies and empowers.

Knowing there are those suffering in pain, I am grateful for my health.

Knowing there are those who are unmotivated and withdrawn from the world, I am grateful to face new challenges each day.

Each day is a gift.

1 thought on “Grateful…

1. Linda

Thank you for the reminder of how very lucky we are. I had the pleasure of spending this weekend with my daughters, son-in-laws and precious grandsons to share thanksgiving in Ft. Mc. There were many moments that I had to say thank you for the gift of time to share the laughter and make memories as we walked through the fallen leaves and witnessed the delight of Lleyton as he scrunched leaves in his hands and giggled.

Reply